Joining the Theater Arts class and British Studies, I was able to tag on their trip to Shakespeare's home town and also see Henry VI: Revolution performed by the Royal Shakespeare Company This is a version of Shakespeare's Henry IV: Part 2 and was a fascinating play.
We began the day at Anne Hathaway's house, just outside the city. It was remarkably well-kept and remained in her family for centuries. Walking through the front door in William Shakespeare's footsteps was really an experience. It is easy to see what her life was like when he was there courting her. (I also learned he was only 18 and she was 26 when they were married. More scandalous was the fact that she was pregnant!)
We then went into town and saw the church where he worshiped and is now buried. (It was Good Friday and the church was open with various stations set aside to tell the Easter story.)
Another stop was at the home where he was born. It was in the middle of town and very interesting to compare his home with Anne's.
The evening ended with the play - simply amazing. (Even when I must confess I am not much of a Shakespeare fan.)
As always, I hope you enjoy these pictures! Ron










No comments:
Post a Comment