As I began to pack and get ready to return home, I wanted to share some random pictures I have recently taken around the Manor. Included are some from the cupola located just below the clock tower. (We had an impromptu tour one evening and were able to see the sunset from this magnificent space.)
The first set are from the Great Hall. As beautiful as the pictures are, they do not do it justice when you see it in person! I make it a point to walk through this grand space several times a day and am still in awe each time.
A true highlight for me was singing with the Harlaxton choir this semester. We began practicing the second week of the semester and performed for the Harlaxton Village host families on 13 April. There were between 15 to 25 students and a few faculty members singing, lead by the St. Wulfram's Church choir director. We practiced in the Great Hall weekly and formed a semicircle near the huge fireplace, facing the stage, accompanied by a grand piano. For the performance, we were up on the stage and it was such an emotional experience singing these amazing songs in this beautiful room designed for this type of music! We are supposed to receive a link to some recording we made, when I get them, I will add them to the post. :)
Hope you find the beauty I have found in everything in and around this amazing place!
Ron
Prop left from the 1999 horror film "The Haunting" starring Liam Neeson, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Owen Wilson, and Lili Taylor. Much of it was filmed at Harlaxton.






















No comments:
Post a Comment